Choice Foodservices, Inc
Effective from March 4, 2020.
If you do not agree to the policy, please do not use the Sites. This statement does not, however, govern the terms of our relationship or constitute any representation or warranty. The terms of our relationship are governed by our Terms & Conditions.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you use certain features of our Sites, we may collect personal information about you that you submit to us. We may also collect personal information automatically. Examples of personal information we may collect include:
- Your contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, or telephone number
- Our Site registration form will ask you to provide us with certain registration information, such as your name, phone number, email address, password, child(ren) name(s), city, school, and grade that will allow you have full access to the Site’s sign-in specific areas. We may use the registration information to help tailor the Site for your use, including creating customized pages within the Site, and to send you information about the Site, our company, and other services or products we may provide.
- We also may conduct surveys on or in connection with the Site in which we may ask you to provide personal (e.g. email address) and demographic information (e.g. zip code). We may use the information collected from such surveys to improve the features, functionality, appearance, and content of the Site. You are not required to participate in any surveys.
- We receive or collect some information automatically when you visit our Sites or engage with other online content we provide by using technology features such as:
- A cookie is a file saved to your computer or device that may be used to recognize our users when they return to our Sites, collect usage information, remember user’s preferences, and provide customized versions of our Sites. We use this information to evaluate our web traffic, enhance our communications, understand the effectiveness of our ad or promotional campaigns, and improve our website and services, including providing you with interest-based ads.
We may use the information we obtain about you for a variety of purposes, including:
- Completion and Support of Current Activity
- Web Site and System Administration
- Research and Development
- One-time Tailoring
- Pseudonymous Analysis
- Pseudonymous Decision
- Individual Decision
- Contacting Visitors for Marketing of Services or Products
- Historical Preservation
- Contacting Visitors for Marketing of Services or Products Via Telephone
We collect your name and phone number for customer support, your address for billing purposes, and your students name, grade, and dietary/food preferences so we can uniquely identify your student in our system and at the lunch counter, and make sure our meal offerings are best suited for their preferences. We collect your email address for sending transactional emails on ordering, reminders, notifications, newsletters, and offers.
By visiting this site third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes on this and other sites. Website activity and customer attributes may be collected for targeted advertising. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising by visiting the DAA opt-out site – www.aboutads.info.
Our Web Site generates server log files automatically. These log files are used to generate statistical information and error reports to ensure the Web Site runs with a minimum of disruption. They are not actively used to identify individual visitors.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us about special offers and promotions, you can opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions contained in the messages you receive.
Access, Correction & Deletion
We respect your right to access and correct your personal information. You may access your personal information by signing into your account. From there, you can correct or modify your information. You may also exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data. We may need to retain it for legally permitted purposes, and this will be explained to you if necessary.
If you need assistance correcting or updating your personal information or would like to request that we delete your personal information, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the “Contact Us” section below.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Data for a period consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue our legitimate business interests, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce applicable agreements.
Choicelunch Sites are not intended for minors under the age of 18. Choicelunch believes that children of any age should get their parents’ or legal guardians’ consent before providing any Personal Data. If you believe that a child under the age of 18 has submitted personal information to us without parental consent, or we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please notify us at [email protected] so that we can take all reasonable measures to delete the information from our servers.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Since these sites are not owned, controlled, or operated by Choicelunch, we cannot control how information collected by these linked sites will be used, shared, or secured. If you visit linked sites, we strongly suggest that you review the privacy notices or policies posted at those sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites, your use of them, or the information practices of their operators.
How We Share Your Information
We will not supply any information concerning our users to unaffiliated third parties.
Please note that if you voluntarily submit any personal information for posting on the Sites, such as a review or a blog post, the information becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others, so you should use care before posting information about yourself online.
We have various security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information used with the Site and under our control. These measures include firewall protection, login and password encryption, and restricted server access.
Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information as a data Controller or if you would like to access the data we have collected on you or have your personal data removed from our systems, please contact us by email at [email protected], or by mail at: 9000 Crow Canyon Road, Danville, CA 94506.